So you've come in to work Monday morning only to find someone's installed the ProCon Latte web filter add-on on Firefox, now you can't check up on FaceBook statuses, the new bands on MySpace, the trivia on Twitter or those adult art sites that no-one else understands but you. You can't uninstall it from Add-ons, Procon itself in 'Tools' is password protected and about:config is disabled, what to do...what to do?
- Shut down Firefox.
- Go to your programs menu and start FireFox up in Safe Mode (just click continue in safe mode at the pop-up).
- Type about:config into address bar (click on i'll be careful i Promise)
- In Filter field type procon.password then enter, (you should now see a single line with a long series of characters at the end).
- Right click on it and click on Reset in the pop up menu,it should now say 'default string').
- Restart FireFox normally.